Styles for Your Valentine's Getaway
By Sara Antonuccio
Valentine’s Day is coming up, and whether you’re celebrating with a loved one or going solo this year, if you have a getaway planned, you’ll need the right look for the occasion. Here are some Valentine’s styles for romantic, trendy, and cozy holiday looks:
- Black Tights, Pink Dress - For a nightlife-ready look, try an 80s inspired black and pink combo. Choose a pink mini dress with either long or puffy sleeves paired with opaque black tights. Wedges or ankle boots round out the look.
- Soft Silk - Silk is a romantic, feminine fabric that’s ideal for Valentine’s Day. Opt for soft pink, lavender, or ruby red silk dresses or skirts. Silk is nice and lightweight for warmer climates, but if you’re worried about catching a chill, add a cashmere sweater over the top.
- Classic Red Dress - Sometimes, you have to go classic. For a romantic Valentine’s getaway, a classic scarlet red dress might just be all you need. If you’re after a fancier look, choose a calf to ankle length dress. For something more toned down, go shorter. Pair either option with kitten heels.
- Sweater Jumpsuit - If instead of a Valentine’s getaway you’re planning a stay at home celebration, you can still get dressed up while staying cozy. Try a sweater jumpsuit in a romantic pastel shade for something a little more unique, upscale, yet still comfortable.
- A Little Leather - A soft, romantic look might not be your Valentine’s Day style. Instead, an edgier outfit might be more your speed, and nothing says edgy like leather. Great for a nightlife look, your leather can take the form of a leather skirt, or leather wide leg pants. Both can be paired with killer boots and a soft sweater for contrast.
Your Valentine’s getaway look should reflect your personality. Whether that’s soft and romantic, traditional and sophisticated, or edgy and trendy, there’s a Valentine’s style for you.